Karolyn Nevarez- Certified personal trainer, acroyoga, aerial hoop, and flexibility instructor.
Ana Glacken- Resistance flexibility, aerial yoga instructor.
Eddie Barron- Acroyoga, aerial straps, cyr, and handstand specialist.
Adrian Ruiz- Parkour coach
Chris Clickener- Aerial silk instructor.
Laura Olivas- Aerial silk instructor.
Mindy Chanson- Dance and aerial silks instructor.
Brittnai Pytlar- Pole dance instructor. Pole Art World's International Elite Qualifier 2017, USPDF Pro 2016/2017, COTAC Pro Overall & Doubles Winner 2016, 123 Poling Online Tutorials Partner, Beastly Built Brand Ambassador.
TEAM MEMBER BIOGRAPHY
Ana Glacken is the Treasurer and co-founder and aerial hammock/ aerial yoga instructor of; Academy of Aerial Fitness.
FULL BIO COMING SOON
Vice President and instructor.
FULL BIO COMING SOON
Pursuing a Kinesiology degree from the University of Texas at El Paso Eddie understands body mechanics and human development. Eddie brings his knowledge and personal training and performing experience to AAF ensuring the best training for aerial techniques and strength conditioning needed for the aerial arts.
Eddie has extensive aerial knowledge in various apparatus such as; aerial straps, corde lisse, lyra, cyr wheel and traveling rings. As well as being proficient in these aerial arts Eddie has a string background in acrobatics, calisthenics, weight training and various dance techniques ranging from break dance to ballet.
Eddie is a seasoned traveler and takes pride in having trained with numerous skilled athletes from cirque du soleil to ninja warrior competitors. He has trained with athletes such as; famous hand balancer and cirque performer Dima Shine, hand balancer Yuri Marmerstein, Cyr wheel crafter and guru Sam Tribble, corde lisse specialist Brandy Leary, aerial hoop artist Lisa Natoli, professional dancer and choreographer Bills Evans, acroyoga and acrobatic duo the AcroSuperHeroes Danya and Hobbs, and Vegas performer, tumbler Scott McDonald to name a few..
Eddie has performed in various dance recitals at UTEP, aerial and acrobatic performances , including Dreadful things' annual food drive, and performed Acro-yoga demonstrations at yoga festivals. He performed a Corde Lisse, Spanish Web, and Acrobatic performance at the El Paso Civic center. Aerial Straps solo at the El Paso County Coliseum for the Welcoming Home the Vietnam Veterans event.
Mindy Chanson is an aerial silks and dance instructor at Academy of Aerial Fitness available for private lessons, classes, workshops, and performances. She is also the artistic director and choreographer of Pasithea Dance Company. She is a dance, aerial, and gymnastics instructor at Melissa's Gym. She is an active member of Tumbleweed Dance Collective.
In 2007, she graduated Magna Cum Laude with honors from UTEP with a BFA in Dance Performance. She was a member of the Mackenzie Rosales Dance and Co. for three years. She was also a member of the Glasbox dance collective: APT Movement, and a member of the improvisational group: Knee-Jerk. She has taught dance at several studios around town including: Life in Balance, El Paso Center for Visual and Performing Arts, El Paso Country Day School, Desert Moon Academy of the Arts, Dance Designs, and La Guitarra. She also worked for Kids Excel El Paso for four years teaching at numerous elementary schools around town. She has attended American College Dance Festival as well as the Big Range Austin Dance Festival.
Fascinated by movement and rhythm since she was in the womb, she began her classical dance training when she was two years old. Constantly evolving her dance style and approach, she is always challenging the mental and physical prowess of her eclectic group of performers and students.
Her favorite modes of dance include: contemporary dance, fire dance, butoh, aerial dance, and acro-yoga. She is the proud mother of an exuberant and precocious little girl, named Lily Fae. Victor, her loving partner provides endless support for all of her artistic endeavors. She also has a beloved red heeler, named Porkpie. Her biggest inspiration is the greatest physical comedian of all time, Buster Keaton.
Brittnai is originally from Seattle, WA and began her pole journey 5 years ago. She enjoys all of the walks of life that pole represents, and loves combining them to empower women and help them reach their full potential! She specializes in slinky floorwork and dynamic drops. Brittnai is currently prepping for many upcoming guest performances around the country, and looks forward to representing USA at Pole Art World's in Turin, Italy spring of 2018!
Pole Art World's Qualifier 2017
USPDF Pro 2016/2017
123 Poling Partner
International Pole Convention Workshop Leader
Beastly Built Brand Ambassador
Florida Pole Fitness “Miss Congeniality” 2016
COTAC 2016 Pro Doubles and Pro Overall
International Competitor Denmark Pole Competition Pro Classique Finalist 2017
Dance Filthy USA Pro Finalist 2016
Follow her at:
FB Athlete Page: Brittnai Pole
Available for privates, workshops, parties, and performances.
PRIVATE LESSONS also offered by many of our instructors.
- Our instructors offer private lessons and private group sessions off hours.
Aerial silks, private and group lessons offered by Aerialist Chris Clickener and Mindy Chanson.
- Chris Clickener brings a unique men's perspective to aerial silks and focuses on technique and strengthening the aerialist body to take flight.
- Aerialist and dancer Mindy Chanson teaches aerial silks using her extensive dance and performing arts experience. Mindy teaches silks by adding her unique dance flavor to the curriculum creating an artistic approach to an already expressive form of movement.
Personal training offered by our trainers Eddie.
- Teaching acro-yoga, break dancing, and mixed apparatuses including Aerial Straps, Corde Lisse, Lyra, and the Spanish Web. As well as being proficient in acrobatics, gymnastics, aerial,calisthenics, and various dance techniques and styles. Performed in various dance recitals, aerial and acrobatic performances, and performed acro-yoga demonstrations at yoga festivals.
Flexibility training also offered by Karolyn.
- From training MMA fighters, grapplers, martial artists, dancers, performers and anyone just wanting to be more flexible; Karolyn trains all levels from beginners to contortion. Karolyn will design a program tailored to the specific desires and needs of her client. Sessions offered at AAF and other locations.
Pole dance privates, competition prep, and bachelorette parties offered by Brittnai
- Whether you are looking to brush up on the basics or train for an international competition, Brittnai has worked with many athletes and produced multiple winning routines. She is also available to host your next girl's night out, whether it be bachelorette or birthday party!